Mexico, Mexico City East Mission
Sept 14, 2011-Sept 14, 2013

Saturday, December 31, 2011

October 28, 2011

Mi Familia,

Hoy es muy bien. Thanks so much for all the stuff you have given me. It's such a blessing to be able to recieve the DearElders from you each week. It definitely keeps me going. Thanks so much for the packages and all that you do for me. I truly am blessed to have the best family in the world. Please tell Grandma and Grandpa Beckwith thanks for their e-mail. As well as Cammi's letter in Spanish. Please tell Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Jim thanks for the DearElder. I was so happy to hear from them. :) This week has been a good week. It went by very quick, but lots of fun stuff happened. Before I get to that, I need to talk to Mom. Thanks so much for getting that net and belt. I was going to ask you for a couple other things. If Dad could possibly get me a box of earplugs that would be amazing. You have no idea how hard it is to sleep with companions that snore so loudly. :) The sweater I asked for was meaning to be a hoodie. Maybe the blue one I have packed away at home. But I should be alright without it. I have my coat. :) The toothbrush I have is the Phillips Sonicare E-Series. If you want to send that stuff I left behind, I would be more than grateful. Thanks for the mp3 player! I haven't got it yet, but I should get it soon. I can't listen to it now, but hopefully my mission president will let me in Mexico. I took my black suit in to get dry cleaned this week and will be taking my new suit in next week. If you want ideas on what to get me for Christmas, you could always send me a couple new ties. I love the paisleys. I learned how to tie a new knot that is pretty awesome, and I'll send you guys more pictures. They're pretty amazing. A lot of them are of the trees here. A couple are of my district and I posing in front of them. That way you can have a nice little holiday photo from Branch 22 District B. :) If you have questions on sending me anything, just send it. I don't have the time to get back to you guys until the next p-day. So if you are worried, you can go ahead. If I don't need it I can just send home all the stuff I don't need when I leave the mtc. That's what Elder Stone is doing. As for this week, everything is going great. Our lessons all seemed to go pretty well. I gave a talk in Sacrament in Spanish this week and a few people said I speak like a native. Haha, yea right. It was random though. They randomly call on you right before sacrament, so everyone has to have a talk prepared that Sunday. Just in case they get called on. I was prepared. :) Elder Davis hurt his leg and can't go to Honduras on Sunday. It's a bummer and we are supposing that he will be with Elder Ottaway and I until it gets healed. I've been doing amazing in volleyball and working out. That's all I do in the gym. People have been complimenting me and I simply say it's because of my little sister Kassi. She's amazing at volleyball. :) I'm glad to hear Jess' headaches are doing better. I've been fasting and praying for her. Let her know that she has a whole district praying for her. We had some new missionaries come in on Wednesday. Or as we call them, "Misionero's nuevos." It's fun to speak to them in Spanish. It's mean, but it helps get them prepared for class. The other night before they were released to their rooms to unpack their things a bunch of us went and hid in their rooms. When they walked in with their stuff there were 15 of us standing in the dark with our arms folded. They all got confused and said.. "Uh.. hey?" Then we all just started filing out of their room completely silent. Then Elder Pristorius (One of the funniest missionaries on the planet) said "Let this be a lession, that you'll never know what we will do next." They were a little scared, but it's good for them. :) Our district has gotten pretty close and it's going to be insane to say goodbye. But it will all be worth it. There's so much more that I wish I could say, but I don't have time. I got a e-mail from Sky, that he sent me. It has some pictures in it. I'm going to forward it to you guys. I miss that guy. I hear he's doing well though. How's everyone doing? How's Grandpa Poulsen? Grandma and Grandpa Beckwith? Dad? Mom? Ry, Mand, and Log? Jess? Kass? Cam? Ayd? How are my friends back home? I've been praying like crazy for you guys. I'm going to send the pictures and stuff to you guys next week so you can see. I also have a card for Ryan and Dani. That's too bad Dad's truck is in the shop. I think it's about time he gets a new one. ;) Tell Jon Pitts hi for me as well as his Dad. President Pitts, along with the rest of the presidency and the bishopric. I met a guy from Mexico City, I'm going to take a picture with him and send it home too. Oh, and I met Elder Skausen! he was at a table and I walked up and introduced myself and one of the Elders said, "Wait, are you Danny Poulsen?" and I said, "No way, are you Brayden Skausen?" haha, we had a good talk and I'll take a picture with him too. That way you can send it to his mom. :) Well, tell everyone that I love them and I can't wait to hear from them. You guys are in my prayers constantly. I know this is the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and that we have the truth. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of god and that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet in these Latter-Days! All of the love from Branch 22 District B. Hasta Luego, Mi Familia!

Love,
Elder Poulsen

No comments:

Post a Comment