Mexico, Mexico City East Mission
Sept 14, 2011-Sept 14, 2013

Saturday, December 31, 2011

November 28, 2011

Dear Family,

Happy Thanksgiving! Haha, I´m glad to hear that it was a good one. Everything went good over here.  Well, this week hasn´t exactly been the most productive. We had a couple Elders get sick, so I was assigned to be the companion of Elder Figueroa. It was a pretty fun and eventful day, you will be able to tell who he is in the pìctures I have attached. I ate my first habanero pepper. I won´t do that again. I had tears running down my cheeks for like 10 minutes straight. My companion couldn´t stop laughing. I took my first shower with a bucket of water. I´m not going to tell you how it was heated up, which I´m sure you know. But I´ll just say that I had nothing to do with it. Haha. I´ve eaten cactus at least 4 times this week for meals at members houses, and it´s actually really good. I´m still not used to being a minority. I honestly think I´m the only American here. I constantly catch people staring at me, and for some reason I think the people here are obsessed with blue eyes. All of the billboards and stuff having people with blue eyes. I often hear the phrase, ¨Tiene ojos azules¨. It´s cool though. I have become an english teacher. I have so many people asking me to speak to them in English. I think it´s hilarious because they will say ¨Say something in English¨ Haha, it´s interesting. I have a new favorite drink, it´s Sangria. But mixed with lime and salt. A lot of people have to have lime and salt with their food. I think I´m adopting new taste buds. All in all the experiences are great. I´m still adapting, but they are great.  Yesterday was pretty interesting. We got to church and the bishop came up to me and said, ¨Hey, we need you to give a 15 minute talk today in sacrament.¨ I said okay and spent like the whole time scrambling to put together a talk. My companion couldn´t stop laughing. Then, when the bishop got up to announce me, he announced my companion! Haha, you should have seen the look on his face. He did a good job winging it though. Today we took a trip to the center of Pachuca. I posted some pictures of that as well. Along with pictures of Elder Cuevas´ 1 year mark. Well, tomorrow is going to be intense. Elder Cuevas was informed that 3 experts from Utah are flying in tonight. They will be with us tomorrow. I will have one of them as a companion, he´s an RM who served in Spain. This is all because of the pilot program, they will be monitoring me and my Spanish. I hope it all goes well. Thanks so much for the picture of you guys in the truck. It was good to see your faces again. =) I can´t wait to talk to you guys at Christmas. Please keep posting my pictures on facebook. I´m so happy to hear that people are seeing them. How´s everyone doing? How´s the fam? Everyone else? Any changes to the house? I´d like a picture if there are. Oh, my companion plans on taking me to the pyramids next week. So I should have some sweet photos for you then. Well I like hearing about you guys a lot more than I like talking about myself. Tell everyone that I love them. Dad, Mom, Ayd, Cam, Kass, Jess, Mand, Ry, Log, Grandpa and Grandma Beckwith, Grandpa Poulsen, Amber, Summer, Josh, the whole family. As well as my friends when you see them. I´ll talk to you guys later. Todo de mi amor.=)

Elder Danny Poulsen

No comments:

Post a Comment