Mexico, Mexico City East Mission
Sept 14, 2011-Sept 14, 2013

Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9, 2012

Hola Familia y Amigos!
Today is a good day. It is my birthday and I am so thankful for all of the birthday wishes I have gotten from all of my family and friends at home! Such a blessing to have you guys in my life. Thanks for all of the pictures and the messages from my friends on facebook! It made me feel so special and honestly made this birthday in Mexico almost like it was from home. THANKS SOOO MUCH!! Well, today I woke up and we came with the zone leaders over in the central of Pachuca to play soccer. No, I didnt get to go to Teotihuacan, but that is okay because I want to go with more missionaries in the future. Tonight the zone leaders want to take me to Chiles to eat.. Haha. But I am not sure how that is going to work out since Elder Cuevas and I have to go to Mexico City tonight with one of our investigators for a special interview. But after that I am going to open the long awaited birthday package. =) This week was a little crazy, but fun too. I went to Mexico City with Elder Hernandez and I have a couple pictures from then. It was fun because I got to sign for my visa and see all of the other elders from my generation. Then we at ate Carls Junior! I had no idea they had that here. Then on the way home, Elder Hernandez and I had a whole bus to ourselves. It was a nice 2 hour nap. =) I spent most of the week with Elder Kleinhenz and I felt soo good. We contacted a lot of people and had some good lessons. We made your no bake cookies and some cookies called Buckeyes? I took some pictures with them too. Aso spent a couple days with Elder LeJeune and we had such a good time. I found out that some of the people I contacted with Elder LeJeune the last time I was in his area are now getting baptized! I feel sooo good! Sergio and Noelia didnt get married because they didnt have the money for it. So we are going to take them to Mexico this week to marry them I think. Then the investigator that we are going with today has a baptism tomorrow! So, things are looking up. Man, I cannot believe that today I am 21 years old. How strange. I had a bit of an interesting experience this morning. One of the guys in my zone in Elder Johnson. We have been friends and have been around eachother a couple times. But today when we were playing soccer I said something about Ely. He said, no way.. Your from Ely! IOther than that this week has been pretty laid back. They have a holiday called Las Reyes and you eat some sort of a fruit cake called a Rosca. Inside the cake there are little toys and if you get a toy in your bread, you have to buy tamales or some other thing for the other people that you were eating the bread with. Interesting eh? A lot of fun things this week, but today has to be the best. =) I wish I had time to reply to all of your emails, but my time is limited at this cafe and I need to be heading out soon to Mexico for that interview. Thanks sooo much for the recipes and the happy birthdays. It is almost like I was able to spend this day with my family and friends, actually. I fell like I did. Thanks to all the pictures and emails. Please tell everyone of them how grateful I am and how much I love them. I am going to keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers and spend this special day thinking about all of you and how lucky I am to have such amazing people in my life. I hope that I can do something for all of you when I get back, well.. I am defitnitely going to do something for all of you. THANKS SOOOO MUCH!!!! HAPPPY 21st birthday to me, and happy birthday to Nathan Hughes on January 3rd and Dillon Neubauer on January 14th, and Aydan Poulsen on January 19th! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys! I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCHH!!! Talk to you in a week!! =) Oh yea, and my plaq for my mission looks amazing. =)
Amor,
Elder Daniel Poulsen

No comments:

Post a Comment