Mexico, Mexico City East Mission
Sept 14, 2011-Sept 14, 2013

Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 16, 2012

Wow, what a crazy week.
Family, I am so happy I have the chance to write you. I do not have a lot of time, but I am going to try and write as fast as I can. We had a couple miracles happen this week. Last Sunday a 26 year old mother walked up to me and church and said she needed to talk to us. We followed her outside and she said that she wanted to be baptized. We met with her later that night and taught her. Then the next day we taught her. We took her to Mexico City to have a special interview with President Ramas, and she passed. I was able to baptize her the day after my birthday. My first baptism! She is amazing and her name is Zulma........... It was a little difficult pronouncing her name, but I got it down. My district threw a suprise party for my birthday and bought me a massive cake with firecracker candles. You know, the kind that you cannot blow out. Haha, those tricksters. I felt so much love this week that it was almost overwhelming, but not quite. =) I went on splits with a few people and attached a couple photos of those too. We worked hard this week and everything has been seeming to just fall into place. Personally I think it is because Elder Cuevas and I had a long talk about obedience and the blessings we will recieve through it. The next awesome miracle that happened this week was that we married Sergio and Noelia. It took a lot of work, but we did it. Sergio asked me ¨I have been with Noelia for 20 years and we have never been married. I had so many friends and family members tell me to marry her. I even had her family members tell me to. I never did, and then Elder Cuevas and you show up and tell me to get married, and I did it. How did you do that?¨ Haha, they were married on Friday the 13th of 2012. Pretty neat, eh? We baptized them yesterday and they were sooooo happy. Today, we had a pretty bizarre day. I went to Teotihuacan. It was one of the most mind blowing, eye boggling, facsinating things I have ever seen. You would not believe the ¨coincidences¨ between that place and the Book of Mormon. We walked around and took pictures on some of the ancient ruins of the Jaredites. Hhahaha, wow. I bought some things for you guys and I will send them to you guys in a package. YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THEM! =) Do not say I cannot, because you guys have already sent me so much for Christmas and my birthday, so I have to send them to you. Next, we ended up waiting 2 hours for our bus to come back to Pachuca and to our surprise the computers we used could not send our messages to president. So we are going to have to report our numbers to him at our interviews this week with him. I hope everything works out alright. I wish we would be able to send them to him. We went to Zulmas house next to eat, because her parents made a huge meal to thank us for baptizing her. Then after, they drove us to the hospital so we could give one of their family members a blessing. I can not tell you how powerful of a blessing it was. I am dead tired and hope that I will be able to do everything will full throttle tomorrow. We have a lot of work to do this week and I am devoted to getting it all done. Who told you that you needed to send me short emails so I had time to write you and President? I have a ton of time to write you both, so do not worry. How is everyone doing? I got a email from Grandma and Grandpa and that made me feel good. Tell them thanks and I love them! Oh, and that I am writing in my journal. TELL MY FAVORITE BROTHER AYD, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! AND THAT I LOVE HIM SOOOOO VERY MUCH AND I HAVE A REALLY COOL PRESENT FOR HIM FROM TEOTIHUACAN. Tell Jess, Kass, and Cam that they have to do track. If they do not, they will regret it the rest of their lives. How is Mand doing? She holding up good with another little Logie in her belly? How is Dad doing? How are you doing? HOW IS EVERYONE? I want to hear. Anyways, thank you so much family for all that you have done for me. I know that this is the true church of our Heavenly Father and that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that we are recieving so many amazing blessings through your testimonies. I love you ALL SOO MUCH. I hope you enjoy the photos!!! HAVE AN AMAZING WEEEEK!!!!!!
 
Sinceramente,
Elder Poulsen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment